Sunday, December 26, 2010

Davao Xcelerates ;P

Yesterday, we passed by Ateneo de Davao University and ADD HS & GS campuses. It's just fun to see Ateneo de Davao 'coz i just usually see Ateneo de Manila University campus. ADDU isn't as big as ADMU and their HS & GS divisions are separate from their College division. I know I'm Lasallian but there are no La Salle Schools here in Davao so yeah. Haha
the name beside the gate
I think this is their main building. It has the popular insignia on it. In ADMU their line is Lux In Domino, at ADDU their line is Fortes in Fide.
ADDU with the popular insignia

at the gate
Their HS & GS campus sign. I was inside the car while taking that photo. So sorry for the speeding look.
ADDU GS & HS
-------------

Before going to the ADDU campuses, my uncle said that we'd be passing by the mansions of the Ampatuans. God, their mansions are really mansions. If you think that houses at Ayala Alabang are big, well, the Ampatuans really defined the word mansion. They have two houses erm, mansions, in Davao. One that we think they live at, but not now, and the other which is kind of almost done. It covers a whole block and it's not just the lot that's big, the house itself is really big. If the lot covers the whole block, maybe the garden would only be 1/8 of it and the rest is already the house. Of course, we weren't able to go inside but seeing the facade, whoa... huge.

This is the first house we passed by. This is the one that we think that they lived in before. It doesn't look deserted but I doubt that there are real Ampatuans in it.

This is the bigger one, it covers the whole block, the walls and the gates are high. Unfortunately, this mansion looks deserted. Not to mention the paints of the walls are not done.


Just to picture how high the walls and the gates are.

-------------

Just earlier, we went on a picnic at Outland Extreme. The fun was set off after eating lunch, my cousins, sis and I were playing with the raft at the man-made lagoon. You have to pull on a rope to be able to cross to the other side of the bank. My cousins were the one pulling, my cousin Niko, I think, went out of balance and tried to hold on to the rope for support, instead of giving support the rope just went toward him and he fell in the water. My cousin Kyle, being on the same side with Niko also fell. At first, me and my sister were shocked then we all laughed. Because of laughing hard, my sister wasn't able to take a photo of Niko and Kyle while in the water. (evil laugh hahaha) The sad thing is, Kyle's phone dove along him. :(
Cousins, Sis and I on the raft
Outland Extreme has zip line. We tried it and whoa, it's real fun! :D
We tried it twice, the first try was the usual position which is the Superman position. The second try is the inverted sitting position or the upside down position. Haha Double fun! At first, the second position was scary coz everything was passing me fast in a topsy turvy way but when I was half way, it was fun already. Haha
me being geared up
Take off! Zoom!
------------------

Oh before I forget, we go to a nearby parish to hear masses. I've been to "high-end churches" but this one is something. On the outside, it doesn't look like it's "high end" it's not even air-conditioned. What caught my eye is the large crystal chandelier in it. It has four black wrought iron chandeliers then on the middle of those is a huge chandelier. It's similar to the chandelier at the Opera House in the movie Phantom of the Opera. It's not impossible for the parish to have that since the village where it is situated is somehow for the rich of Davao. It's my first time to see a chandelier that huge in a church, in a cultural center or an opera house, more possible but a church. Nope.


And that sums up two of my Davao days. Hehe just two days but full of fun! :D :P

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment