Thursday, December 30, 2010

Davao Soars

The day before my uncle's family went back to Cagayan de Oro, we went swimming at Gap Farming Resort. And yes, swimming plus the sun equals me being toasted, literally. I'm darker than my usual color now. Haha Oh well, whitening regimen again when I go back to Manila. :P There were a lot of fun memories on that day, the pool shot, where we fell on the pool one by one. The numerous cannon balls I did. :) The "back stroke" of my mom which, according to my uncle, looked like a reverse butterfly. LOL The swimming race. The failed "find the bottle in the pool," failed because my mom prepared a clear bottle filled with water. It did sink yes, but it just sank and was never found since it camouflaged with the pool floor. Haha
Carabao and the Magsasaka
us in the pool
After GAP, we went to the mall, my cousins and my brother were supposed to play DOTA but unfortunately there is no internet cafe in it. Instead, we went to World of Fun, played different games and went on a bump car ride. :)
bump car at World of Fun
That was the last day with my uncle, aunt, and cousins. The next morning they traveled already to CdO. It was unusually quiet in the apartment when they left. No more super Xbox marathon at tito's  LCD TV. The pink room where they were staying is empty and quiet. The only noise that could be heard is the TV plus the chattering, bantering and quarreling voices of me and my siblings plus mom. Humph. I wish this to be repeated, they live in Cagayan de Oro and we live in Cavite. They rarely fly to Manila either us to CdO. The last time I saw them was well, a few months back but before that it was more or less 10 years ago. So, yeah... I want a repeat. Hehe :P :D

----------------------------------------

Yesterday, we went to Butterfly House and Crocodile Park of Davao. There were lots of pretty butterflies in it unfortunately we didn't have a nice camera to take photos with. But my mom did her best to capture the photos of some butterflies we saw in the farm. The extraordinary ones are hard to find plus they can't be reached by the "zoom" of our camera phone.
Davao Butterfly House
newly hatched butterfly. :)
Pupae Shelf
the female will lay eggs in a few days ;)
Some of the butterflies we saw...




The Crocodile Park was also fun, besides the crocodiles, it features some birds and other zoo animals too.









We also visited the Tribu K Cultural Village. Not much photos were taken as it was almost dark when we got there.
Uyaanan - a traditional house of the tribe

So much for now. Next post will be about more of our trips here in Davao.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment