Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Davao so far...

Scene 1: At the airport
We arrived almost 2:45 pm when our departure time was at 3:30 pm. We left the house late and not expecting the whole traffic of Manila plus the airport traffic. After checking in, we were just in time for our boarding. Whew! What a day for us! haha


Scene 2: On board the plane
We boarded just in time for us not to be trans-passengers. When we found our seats, it had white cloths on it which signifies those as reserved seats. I didn't really mind it until I noticed not everyone has it when I was already disembarking the aircraft. Haha That was something since that was not our original flight, we were only transferred. Considering we were only transferees, still we got the best seats in the plane reserved for us, the wing side exit doors.

Next is a Boom! The flight attendant assigned to us was whahohoho real cute...lol It's like a relief after all the rush we have encountered before boarding. Hehe
 
Ok, so while on board, my mom wanted to take photos but since our camera is caput we only have our phones to take pictures with. But since we know that it's protocol to turn of cellphones while in the plane, we did. The plane already took off and had stabilized when my mom said that she wants take photos of the clouds, because she really likes clouds. tehee.. :) Me and my sis told her that it's not allowed to turn on our phones, but she insisted that it's ok and that a few photos won't matter. So my sister obliged and took photos. Later on, a flight attendant approached and told us to turn off the cellphone. Me and my sis were like, "Mom kasi eh, pasaway!"

Here are some photos I literally stole. ;)






Since we were seated on the wing side exit doors, we're obliged by the law to read some guidelines on how to facilitate evacuation in case of emergency, cute flight attendant handed us some brochures to read and be aware of. I read that the crew should be notified if any of the passengers seated on that place is less than 15 years of age. My sister is only 12 and I thought that my mom would be the one to notify them so I didn't. About halfway the travel, cute flight attendant asked how old my sister was and we told she's 12, and haha the look he has on his face. It was like the blood in his head was drained. Haha Pasaway talaga! Hahahahah


Scene 3: At Gaisano Mall, Davao
This is what I call a Mini Adventure. :))
We were going home after doing some shopping in this mall. My uncle told us to take a cab to his apartment, and from that mall there already is a can terminal but the line is kind of long. My mom being kind of an impatient person, maybe because she's already tired too, said that we'd walk away from the mall just a few meters and find a cab there. And so we did. After asking for directions to a local, we walked and tried t hail a   cab from there. One local noticed us standing on that spot for about 5 minutes already, told us that we should just go back to the mall and find transportation there. My mom being the makulit one asked for an alternative way of going back to my uncle's place.
Cutting the story short, instead of one smooth cab ride, we rode 2 jeeps and a cab just to go back to my uncle's place. Instead of us being in the house less tired we were more tired when we arrived. My sister and I were like, "If we're going to that mall again, we better take uncle's pick-up or we just go for a cab ride." It was difficult because there's a language barrier, one-sided actually. The locals here can understand the dialect we speak, which Manilena Tagalog but we can't understand them for they speak the Davao dialect. :|


And that is Davao so far. We have not gone to the tourist spots yet 'coz we're waiting for my other cousins to come over. :) A day from now, uncle's place would be a buzz already. :) And here comes the tourist spots! :D

Till then,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment